Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm So Tired...of this Rain!

Yesterday we had about 10 minutes of sunshine in the morning. As I walked down the hall, light was blinding my eyes and I immediately thought, what light did I leave on? You know it's pathetic when just the very sight of sunshine is a shock to your eyeballs. Sydney is nearly 6 months of age now, and I bet she can't even remember what the sunshine looked like as it streamed through the windows back in the late summer. Those were the days! Well, the sunny days...I much prefer the Sydney of 6 mos. vs. the Sydney very newborn phase. All my friends and family told me it gets easier, and now at this stage, I can actually agree. Syd's personality is peeking through more every day. In all, she's a very happy and smiley baby. I'd say she's a curious kid too, and enjoys grabbing everything-toys, blankets, hair, fingers, nostrils-nothing is sacred!
Steve and I are enjoying parenthood. We have this running joke that goes something like this... We had heard over and over again in classes/books, etc. people saying, I just can't remember my life without the baby! Life is so wonderful now! We both thought that was taking things a bit over the top. So, after Sydney was born, we'd say to each other, can you remember your life before the baby? And if the person to whom the question was posed burst out laughing, we knew we hadn't hit that "it gets easier" stage of parenthood! Not that we didn't wish Sydney wasn't with us... but those of you who are parents must at times remember with fondness your life as a DINK! And those of you w/o kids should seriously cherish this time in your life. So, the other day Steve posed the question to me, and I could honestly say I only slightly snorted. Now this motherhood business is sinking in and I'm really enjoying this little barnacle! :)

2 comments:

murray family said...

That is because your barnacle is cute. If she wasn't - it would be another story

L. van der Sluis said...

I speak from experience they never stop being barnacles. Only the size changes.