Sunday, January 13, 2008

Family Time

Last night we were joined for dinner by the Murray and Vander Sluis families. I have become a slow cooker aficionado these days, so we had my version of pulled pork for dinner. Slow cookers are such a cool invention--what's not to like about throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot, turning it on, and then eating it a few hours later? And then only having to wash out one pot after you eat! I am participating in a new class @ our church titled Voluntary Simplicity. Maybe I can share slow cooker recipes with the group, since they are very simple :) But seriously, I think it will be a very thought provoking and action inspiring class. Maybe it will prompt me to do more than clean out my closet and take stuff to the Goodwill!
After dinner, everyone took turns entertaining Sydney. Everyone except her parents--who let everyone else do the work! Ryan is a good cousin, and calls her 'goochy goo' or 'siddles'. Sydney responds by taking her hands out of her mouth and, surprise surprise, grabbing at his face and ears. As you might imagine, Ryan doesn't enjoy the cool, slimy feeling of her touch! It is fun having family close by...we often wish that we were in closer vicinity to Steve's family. We will see them at the end of the month when we travel to CA for Bob's wedding (Steve's brother). Linda (Steve's mom) will be staying with us, so I am looking forward to her bonding time with Sydney (i.e. I will get in the car and peal out in the driveway as I zip to the nearest mall).

2 comments:

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Ana, Sorry I deleted my other post b/c it has so many spelling errors that I didn't catch! Anyway, the site looks great and it appears that you are having lots of fun with it! What a nice piece of literature to pass on to Sydney one day!
April